Friday, April 1, 2016

Big HTTYD3 News... Like, crazy news.


I just found an interview with Dean DeBlois concerning HTTYD3... and some of the news revealed by the interview is shocking! I'm not sure I agree with the direction the film is going to take, but click the read more to see the news.

Ok, so.... apparently MICHAEL BAY is directing the next movie! I was shocked to say the least. In the interview Dean said he would be stepping off the project, but DreamWorks had hired Bay to finish the film for him. 

Here are some small excerpts from the interview:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewer: So, you've decided to step away from the Dragons films?

DeBlois: Yes, I have. I've felt sort of trapped in it, like I was caught in a rut. I'd rather move on to other, more artistic things.

Interviewer: Like what?

DeBlois: Well, I really enjoyed making music films. Heima was particularly rewarding. I'm thinking about moving back in that direction.

Interviewer: But what about the third Dragons film? I know lots of fans were really looking forward to it.

DeBlois: I'm glad they are. I've appreciated how well the first two films were received. The third film is still coming, I'm just not going to be the one directing it. I've still done most of the writing, and I can tell you that I do think it's a great end to the story.

Interviewer: Now, if I understand correctly, DreamWorks has decided to get Michael Bay to direct the final film?

DeBlois: Yes.

Interviewer: How do you feel about that?

DeBlois: I'm fine with it. It is their film, so they can choose who they like to direct it. [chuckles] I imagine the third film will be getting a lot more explosions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think? I for one... am really worried! I thought Dean did such a good job, and I hate seeing him step away from HTTYD3. Plus, I don't think Michael Bay is a good choice for director. He's sort of notorious for making films that have tons of action that get terrible reviews. That doesn't seem to fit the HTTYD spirt at all. What do you guys think? Do you feel that Bay can pull it off? Let me know what you think in the comments. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment