Saturday, February 14, 2015

Subtle Toothless


This is just a little Valentine's Day art piece I made. The above image is NOT the entire line art, so please click the "read more". I hope you'll like it. I wanted to color it, but I've got several exams early this next week, and coloring my digital paintings takes a really, really long time. So, even though it is black and white, I hope it will not have lost its charm.



I imagine someone else has already thought to do an art piece like this, but the idea struck me as being really fun and cute. I really only ship three romantic parings (Hiccstrid, Stalka, and Lidna. Translate that means Hiccup/Astrid, Stoick/Valka/, and Link/Midna). I really love Hiccup and Astrid's friendship in the second movie, and I am SURE that that relationship will continue to grow in the third film. They've come a long way from where they were in HTTYD1. 

So, this picture is meant to be rather comical because Toothless is so, so bad at being subtle. But, at the same time he clearly grasps that Hiccup and Astrid like each other. Add those things together, and I imagine this scenario could actually happen... that is if Toothless knew what hearts meant and could manage to draw one!


No comments:

Post a Comment