Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Belated Christmas gifts


Well, they say good things come to those who wait, and that was certainly true of my Christmas! I got a couple things after the holiday, and all of them were really fun and right up my alley! So, I'm just gonna post them here as well as some quick, well deserved "thank you"s!


The rug you see in the above image is from one of the few really good friends I made in college (the guy who got me super into playing Pokemon, recommended FMAB to me, suggested the blog post about a human being the dragon Alpha, and who happens to be my number one rival in Super Smash Bros [because, honestly, the only other person I play against is my younger bro... who is way out of my league XD]). The rug is actually a bathroom mat (which I was in sore need of now that I'm renting a living place). It is the human transmutation circle from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and it looks SO GOOD. Ha, ironically, this is a very dangerous transmutation circle, so I always feel just a tad uneasy when I step onto it.


Now, these next presents actually came in on time, but I only opened them yesterday. Why? Because they are from Glory and Toothlesslove, and I was actually sending them some gifts... but MINE were the late ones. We decided to open them at the same time, and boy was it a blast! I've been friends with these two amazing people ever since I started this blog, but this is the first time we've ever sent gifts via the mail. I sent a small Night Fury necklace to Toothlesslove, a Tenth Doctor shirt to Glory, and a neat dragon pop-up card I had gotten from Boston to both of them. I also sent all the old sketches I had made for them way back when, so now they have the physical copies. 

But enough about what I sent! The gifts I got were INCREDIBLE. I even got a hand written letter (though I'm not sure who wrote it out of the two of them...). That Funko Pop up top is Erza Scarlet, a totally boss character from the first full blown anime I ever watched, Fairy Tail. Though FT isn't my favorite anime anymore (FMAB!!!), it has a really special place in my heart... cause it was the first show to get me to stay up into the late, LATE hours of the night while getting overly emotional at every epic speech and action sequence. That show has FEELS. Anyway, I have Natsu back at my old house, so maybe I should bring him up to my grad school so that Erza can have some company...


Now this gift is super, super cool! It's officially the only HTTYD gift I got for Christmas this year, and that makes it extra special. After all, I am pretty sure I've gotten something HTTYD related for Christmas every year since 2010, so it would be a shame to break the pattern (especially since it's still holding tight to it's position as my favorite fiction ever!). The pillow itself has a really classy design. It's kinda artsy and obscure, which is probably my favorite type of merchandise... because to most people it just looks like a Celtic knot, but to anyone who is a hard core HTTYD fan, this design will quickly be recognized as our iconic dragon! So, yeah, I really love this... and considering I have a room that needs furnishing, it came at a perfect time :)

So, yeah, special thanks to "The Dark Lord" of Pokemon, as well as my two great friends and fellow HTTYD fans, Inhonoredglory and Toothlesslove. These gifts were well worth the wait!


Also, as a random side note, I've spent a LOT of my Christmas money acquiring new graphic tees! This is the only one that has come in, but I'm expecting quite a few more before too long. This one is such a cool design (though I wanna scratch out that Nhorian emblem! Take that Nhorian scum! XP). I love how the framing device for the Yato is Azura's pendant. Those two character sure do have intertwined fates, don't they?

And finally, I do want to say that I am still expecting that Sideshow Toothless statue to come in this month... I just don't know when it will be done! I'll be sure to do as good of a review as I can of it once it finally arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment