Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How it all started



Hi there,
Now that my friend Toothless contributed some blogposts, I’ll throw something in myself. Yep… First of all, I’m going to start with how we met in the first place. As you can see in the right column, both his and my HTTYD-wiki-accounts are linked. That’s where we met. I was uploading several high resolution screenshots from the movie and this way, his attention was attracted. He asked me to upload a picture from a certain scene and I granted this favor. He asked, if he could do me a favor in return. Well… I didn’t hesitate to ask for some pictures of his self-drawn leather journal and he uploaded some. I was really amazed by his drawings and started deciphering the runic script he used to write notes next to his drawings. I noticed a few mistakes and politely asked him, whether he wanted me to point him to those. He gladly accepted and I started to list those mistakes in a text file. I didn’t want them to appear on the wiki, since every single edit can be found, even if it is deleted, so I decided to upload it on pastebin. I sent the link, but unfortunately he wasn’t able to access this site. I tried another one-click-hoster, but that wasn’t working either. Anyway… I wrote down the link to my facebook-account in runic font to a piece of paper, took a photo and uploaded this one on a photo-sharing website. Now he was able to access this picture, but not facebook. Honestly I was really annoyed, but I then told him to pick the last digits of this link and add a trailing “@gmx.de”. That worked, so I received an email a little later. That was on the 8th of November 2012. Since then we started writing emails to each other on a daily basis. I found out, that he could easily be my twin. We share a lot of common interests, we both love HTTYD like crazy, we both are Christians and counting all this together, a great friendship was about to form. On the 8th of April this year, we exchanged our 1000th e-mail! We helped each other on different things several times. He encouraged me to start drawing (No teacher in art class ever managed to make me enjoy drawing like Toothless). Our best idea was to send each other snoggletog-gifts. Snoggletog is actually a holiday, the Vikings from HTTYD celebrate annually. It appears like a mix of Easter and Christmas. We agreed to open them the same day, but it took quite a while for his parcel to arrive at my place. Finally we’ve had our presents and we both were really pleased with what we got. One day I found myself looking for flights. As you must know, I’m from Germany, while Toothless is living in the U.S. To cut a long story short: We’re going to meet this summer personally! I’m super excited and I’m already counting the days! (90 from today)
Yep… This blog was actually his idea. He came up with it yesterday and I like the idea too. After a little testing, we just kicked off this very blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Dragonific Greetings from Dresden, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment