Sunday, December 28, 2014

So Many Snarky Heroes



This is my birthday gift to Inhonoredglory (a great friend of mine who has written a fantastic web-novel and occasionally runs one of the best Tumblr blogs out there). I gave it to her on her actual bday which was the 26th, but I didn't want to post it here until she had seen it. If you click the "read more, you'll get to see the whole painting. It is a new style for me... as well as some unfamiliar subject matter!





Haha, you'll need to open the image in a new window or tab so as to read it. What I was trying to do was make a crossover of all the characters she likes all being snarky/sassy. It was actually really hard! Sass is not easy to convey without the characters coming off as total jerks (for instance, the Doctor would totally be kidding with that line [which is a line he says to the Master]). Also, chibi is a completely new style for me. I tried to look at source material for the characters and then really stylize their features. But, anyway, if you don't see at least ONE fandom represented here that you enjoy, then you are missing out on some great shows! I did preserve the line art for any of you that would like to see it. So, happy birthday Glory, and I hope you have a great year of fanning ahead of you! Haha, who knows, this collection of snarky heroes may grow yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment