Friday, April 4, 2014

More on Valka revealed


The HTTYD2 site has released information on Valka. Unfortunately... the information is mostly what we knew already from previous interviews and stuff. BUT, one strange and crucial fact has been revealed: When Valka was abducted it was during a dragon raid.

Dean said before that Valka was abducted, and I assume that Stoick and all the others were forced to assume that she had been killed (considering she didn't show back up for almost twenty years, can you blame them?). However, we were never told that she was abducted, apparently, by dragons. My question is, how did that lead to her leaving her family behind and becoming the dragons' fiercest defender? I do have to wonder, was this abduction planned? If so, that was a low blow for sure. It is understandable that maybe she wanted a way to escape from Berk where dragon slaughter was the norm and peace was impossible, but she left her infant son and husband. Kinda rough. Maybe the abduction was genuine, but then I'm forced to wonder how she didn't end up as a dragon's meal. Did Cloudjumper take her? Wooohooohoooo... that would be intense! Kind of a "train your dragon or be eaten by him" sort of moment! Ah, I'm just speculating around, but I'm just fascinated by her backstory. So many questions. How was she taken? Why was she taken? Was it planned? Did she discover something after being captured to make her want to stay? Why didn't she return to Berk? Could she have returned? Just lots of stuff.

I imagine she could have gone back eventually. I mean, we see that she's riding a dragon, so there's no way she was stranded! Most confusing of all... the site says that she is at her heart she is still in love with Stoick and feels motherly affection for Hiccup. Then WHY did she leave them to try and live alone? I'm very confused, but in a good way. Honestly, I wonder if she sacrificed that love for her family so as to serve a cause that she felt had to be fought for. If that's the case... it does give her kind of a tragic feel, like she wanted to be a mother and a wife but she had to leave that behind.

Not a whole lot of information, I know, but it's still enough to get me speculating!

No comments:

Post a Comment