Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Soooo... We're still getting Hiccstrid?


So, the trailer *really* did not focus on the Hiccstrid element of HTTYD2, and that's fine, but we do see some beautiful hints at a continuation of their relationship. Seriously, I swear, when I fist got into HTTYD I couldn't have cared less about Hiccup and Astrid's relationship. It just wasn't a draw. Now that they are older and that I am older, suddenly I think this has a LOT to offer. I always appreciated what she did for him in the first film (particularly in the scene right after Stoick has rejected him), but now that I get to see them after they've been friends for five years, it's pretty exciting. I particularly love the fact that Astrid is still her mega-tough self, a full blown Viking warrior, but at the same time she's kinda continued to develop her sweeter and more sensitive side. I particularly love the, "Take 'em down, babe!" quote (although it could be "kick" instead of "take", but the latter seems more likely). Anyway, the term of endearment is shouted with massive confidence in Hiccup, and it's a rough and tough sort of statement too! It's just a really fun display of how Astrid works! She's competitive, smart, level headed, and willing to be pretty darn tough, but at the same time she really does have a heart and she's grown to really care for Hiccup. It's going to be awesome to see them together in the second film.

However, given how many other relationships are going to be developing, I am willing to guess that we will only see the MAJOR step in Hiccstrid (i.e. come on, please let them get married in the end!) when the third movie comes around. The heart of the second film seems to be Hiccup's family and their differences (which I will write a post on soon). So... I imagine Astrid and Hiccup's relationship will sort of be an undertone in this film, but that doesn't mean it won't be something special!

I'm actually really looking forward to writing the post I just mentioned a second ago, but this one may have to do for today XD

No comments:

Post a Comment