Friday, September 12, 2014

A fantastic bit of art (by kairu321)


I admit... this is sort of a cop-out post for me. I've been so, soooo busy with my college work of late, I really haven't been able to post anything really good lately. So, since I'm not creating any quality work, I figured I might as well do a review on someone else's! Click the read more to see all the pieces.




This bit of art was sent to me by a good friend (thanks Toothlesslove!), and was created by kairu321. Um... I have no way of contacting that fan, so I really hope they will not mind my doing a review on their art. They do have a blog, so I'll source that. 


Anyway this art is gorgeous! It really made me want to draw in sepia tones. The action is ridiculously charming and the expressions are priceless. I would whole heartedly say that these sketches are far better than anything I've produced and posted. Every single one of these images is just perfectly adorable, and it totally made my day when I first saw them. It is also... sorta sweet to see Hiccup and Toothless younger again. I love them at age 20, but then it is just FUN to remember that they have been childhood friends... Hiccup got to have five years of this kind of charming and beautiful friendship with Toothless. Haha, I'm always a sucker for Toothless's tongue, so that might be another reason I think these pieces are so great. Toothless has been displayed as being truly adorable, and the sepia gives it a marvelous tonal feel. As of right now these are some of my favorite art pieces I've come across, so I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I just wish I could tell the artist personally how much I spazzed when I first saw them.

Anyway, sorry about being slow to post. I want to write an analysis soon... and finish a Dsplash Chronicle, and I have a very fun art project up my sleeve. We'll see if I can get to any of that over the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment