Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Date News


I have just learnt from the Grapevine that HTTYD3 has been pushed back. It will not be released as soon as we first expected. This is kind of a bummer in some ways... but there is a bright side to everything. Previously it was going to be released summer of 2016. Now the new release date is set to be June 9 2017. That is a long time to wait... a really long time. But, to be honest, the second movie made us wait four years. I don't know how many of you felt this, but I was shocked by how worth the wait the second one was. I don't want the third one to be rushed, especially considering how dramatic the ending looks like it will be. Sure, I wish I could know the ending sooner, but I also am happy to get another year of speculating and spazzing and hoping and dreading! Once the third movie is over... I am pretty sure we will be done. There will probably be no new HTTYD stuff. I'll never stop loving the story (just like I'll never stop loving LotR), but I won't be kept on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen to our heroes next. We can enjoy these years, and we can hope that when we come to the end of the trilogy, it will have been worth the weighting, longing, and loving we've all done. The second one was... so I can wait on the third. 

No comments:

Post a Comment