Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Turning 25!


Hey everyone! Gosh, I am so absent these days! I turned twenty-five this last Friday, and I just wanted to do a quick thank you to the many people who made that day extremely special. Also, though I haven't posted about it, I am extremely excited (ha, and almost conflicted) about the new HTTYD short that has been announced: Homecoming. But, anyway, let's get onto the thank you!




First off the bat, I got wished happy birthday by a whole bunch of people. That top digital card was from my brother's fiance, which is pretty cool considering before long I'll be her "brother" in-law XD.  The second image was sent to me by VikingontheBackofaDragon! She just recently finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and she definitely knows who my favorite character is!


My brother Andrew really went all out for me this year. I was really, really excited by both his gifts. One of them is a shirt (alas, which has yet to arrive) from Teepublic with the Lords of Cinder from Dark Souls III. I adore the Abyss Watchers and especially Lothric and Lorian (Abyss Watcher is located at the bottom while Lothric rides on Lorian's shoulders at the very top of the image). Lothric and Lorian are particularly cool... and happen to be some of my favorite characters in the Dark Souls trilogy as well as being probably my fifth favorite boss fight from the From game series. 



Ok, so this gift KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF. My brother made me a collection of sketches on small cards of Hiccup meeting a bunch of different characters I like. It ties in well with Dsplash, the rpg he and I are still very actively playing, and it is SO COOL to see Hiccup's expression change as well as to see his height in comparison with other characters. From top to bottom Hiccup is seeing Toothless, The Nameless King, Grimm, Roy Mustang, Edelgard, Edward and Alphonse, and finally Sans. Ed and Al are particularly perfect, what with how HUGE Alphonse is (and how polite and in-character that wave he is doing is), meanwhile Ed is so short! I also love that Hiccup is actually slightly taller than Roy (great attention to detail! Hiccup is 6'2" while Roy is actually around 5'10"). Sans breaking fourth wall is hilarious. It's also pretty funny to see Hiccup confused and somewhat unimpressed by all Grimm's flair and bravado. The sheer awe that the Nameless King inspires is exactly how I'd imagine their interaction, and then the warm, comfortable, familiar-ness of seeing Hiccup and Toothless together is so heartwarming. I genuinely can't express how excited and happy I was to receive this gift. Thank YOU, Bro!


My parents got me this super-nice Oakley computer bag. My old leather satchel was falling apart, and this bag has way more space and a bunch of nifty and useful compartments. Of course, I put on a Toothless keychain immediately! I like the dark and metallic look (there are even a few red accents inside, which reminds me of HTTYD3 Hiccup armor!). It's a really nice gift, and I'll be using it basically nonstop for years! On top of that, they threw me a great dinner. I had a bunch of friends over, we had burgers and beignets, and we played some video games and had a great time!


A good friend of mine from college got me Persona 5. It has just arrived in the mail, so I haven't had the chance to play it any. Apparently, it is a really cool strategy rpg with a ton of time/life-balancing elements. I've seen art and music from it, and both appear to be excellent. I've heard that the newest Fire Emblem plays off of some of the aspects of this game, so that's exciting (I LOVED Three Houses). Hopefully, I'll get to sink my teeth into this soon!

My sister also got me something, but apparently, it is hand-made! So I will have to wait a bit before seeing it!


I don't know if you can see them well, but Inhonoredglory and Toothlesslove sent me TOOTHLESS PAJAMA PANTS. Which is so hilariously cool. My brother has accused me for the longest time of going home to my parents and them fumbling around every weekend asking him if he has any pajamas I can steal. That is now no longer a problem!

However, that was not all I received from my amazing HTTYD buddies! I also was given this fan-video (which includes footage from so many of my favorite things! Including Hollow Knight, Dark Souls, Attack on Titan, FMAB, and Fire Emblem: 3 Houses!). I'm not sure if the link will work for you, but if it does this thing is amazing! It is actually done to the music of an Attack on Titan intro... but I'd only ever heard the tv version of the song, not the full one! Because of that I didn't immediately recognize the music... but when I did it hit me like a TRUCK! The parallels and feels from this are genuinely too much for me to fully process... and if I were to process them, I'd be spilling out HEAVY spoilers! So, anyway, thank you so much for the video! It hit me in absolutely all the best ways possible!


And we still aren't done! Last but definitely not least, Toothlesslove gave me three chapters of a story that is meant to happen between the dragons leaving and the very last scene of HTTYD3. These chapters... my word. They are written so absolutely perfectly. I've already sent her this long list of comments and reactions to each of them, but this thing is so good. I highly recommend it... it feels so solid and in-character and well crafted. Gosh it feels so canon!! Anyway... man, I loved this thing. Here are the links if you'd like to check it out!



As crazy as it is, I think I may still have a few more things coming in! I had friends give me gift cards to Taco Bell, and grandparents give me extremely generous checks... all of which I am so grateful for. Thank you deeply to everyone who made this year so special.


Oh yeah, and I've heard whispers that this will be released on December 3... so HYYYYYPE!









2 comments:

  1. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I wanted to write a little comment to support
    you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to every one, the contents existing at this site are truly remarkable for people
    knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    ReplyDelete