Friday, May 15, 2020

My Brother Got Married!


My little brother, Andrew (haha, also known as Link in the Dsplash RPG) married his fiancé Sarah yesterday. I was able to be part of the wedding, which was a small and somewhat unusual ceremony in order to conform to the CDC guidelines. It was quite the day. I'm really happy for him, and it's such a big moment, I felt I needed to blog about it.



Haha, it is definitely a weird time for me. To be blunt, it's sorta scary! Things have changed now in a way that won't ever be reversed, so it is strange to take the next steps. I will say that I am genuinely thankful that HTTYD3 came out when it did. It's hard to see your little brother grow up, especially when he is your best friend. I am made painfully aware that I can't reasonably expect nearly as much of his time, and that he has someone that he will share his life with that he deeply loves. Seeing Hiccup's actions in HTTYD3, the self sacrifice, well... it really has encouraged me to stand behind my brother and his wife 100%. I want to make them happy, even if it means I'm no longer in the center of his life. But, that being said, I'm also really happy for how HTTYD3 ends. Because after years apart, best friends are still best friends. My brother is married, and in a year he will probably move away to continue his career path/education. That's a pretty heavy feeling when I've been so close to him for as long as I can remember. But I am confident that my brother cares for me as much as I do for him, and so with that I can believe that our closeness won't be warn down just by distance or by less time spent together. It's an opportunity to show love to him and Sarah, and opportunity to be happy because they are happy, and an opportunity to trust my brother. After all... if I am clingy or upset, what does that say about my trust in him? 

These emotions won't come easily, but at the end of the day, I want to be and stay happy for them. They are wonderful, wonderful people and I wish them both the best. Ha, but now I definitely feel like a need a Night Fury to comfort me through the transition! Cause it's sorta rough!

I'm praying for both of them, and I hope they will find immense joy in this next stage of life. Love ya bro.



No comments:

Post a Comment