Thursday, November 21, 2013

HTTYD2 Theatrical Poster


DreamWorks has released the first HTTYD2 official movie poster! Though it hasn't really shown much that is new, it has made some really good things really clear!

Ok, first off, the texturing is really remarkable! Everything from the little threads of Hiccup's green shirt to the leather and armor to the scratches across Toothless is incredible! Just... wow! The image is bigger, so if you want to get a closer look, open it in a new window.

Next, Hiccup! So much is the same, yet so much is also so very different! He's certainly gotten a much cooler outfit, and you can even see his little insignia on the side of his helmet. His freckles are back! They were either missing or hard to see in the teaser. They are a little faded, but that actually does happen sometimes with aging. I am just glad they didn't give him perfect, super hero skin. He was so charming in the first film because he felt down to earth and human, so with his suit being souped up and his age increasing drastically, I worried that they would go way too far into the realm of action hero and lose the charm of the original Hiccup. I don't think we'll get that. Sure, he looks cool, but according to some clips from comic con, I am very convinced that he will have the same personality!

Oh, and then of course we can al see the beginnings of a beard. Yeah, he's older. I kind of like it, but really I am completely on the fence. I don't want him to get a full blown beard in the course of the films, but that little bit of scruff is SO realistic for a viking! Man! It is nice because it is their, it adds realism, I guess some people might like it, but at the same time it is not blatantly obvious! We still want to see him as the first movie Hiccup, just older, and if you made the facial hair too developed it would be too shocking. This scruff nails it perfectly.

Then Toothless! Wow! He has such a presence behind Hiccup. You really get that feeling of mystery and power that he displayed in the first film (and that we kind of lost in some episodes of RoB). I love how the whole frame of blackness shrouds around him and Hiccup and how Toothless is almost one with the shadows. Man, his eyes are gorgeously detailed! Even better than the first film, and they are so striking GREEN, and his scales are so strikingly BLACK (sorry, pet peeve. Can't stand blue Toothlesses with yellow eyes). His scales are covered with tiny scratches and scuffs. He's probably lived a pretty adventurous five years since the first film! That is just so fascinating to look at all the nicks and knocks in his those smooth black scales. Again, the realism is marvelous!

Probably the most notable new thing is the glow in Toothless's nostrils! Now that is interesting! We know he does not have that glow all the time (teaser trailer) but apparently his fire can flare up into his nostrils! Now, I am not sure what you think of that but I think it is very neat! Your nose and mouth are connected, so perhaps when wanting to be threatening or when feeling angry, Toothless might let off some steam with a snort. It gives a real feeling of burning power welling up inside of him, and we never saw that in the first film. Has he grown into his acetylene? Perhaps so! As a mature (I assume he is reaching maturity) Night Fury one can only imagine the power of his fire! I like that he can kind of flare it off with his nose, so overall I am very pleased with how the poster presents him.

Now, though we did not see any of the other characters or very much new info, this poster really, really enforces what I wanted it to enforce. This movie will focus on Hiccup and Toothless. Yes, I like the teens, I like Hiccup and Astrid, but Hiccup and Toothless are the characters that we really loved the first movie for, and I want the second one to center around them and their relationship every bit as much as the first one did. So, YAY! Hiccup and Toothless oriented poster! Now, one other interesting note, this picture is DARK! The whole surrounding is dark! Everything is shrouded in shadows, and it feels so mature! I mean, what other animated film has made this kind of a movie poster? Then toss in the new and mature looking HTTYD2 logo, and you have an excellent theatrical poster! I cannot wait for this film!

*Little addition to the above by AddyD:
I happened to notice, that the poster, that was officially released by Dreamworks on facebook differs in small details: The noose is closed and the borders are a little extended. Also the writings differ a little and the colors are less saturated. Oh... And you can see even more details. Just for the record: I can't wait for this film either!

23 comments:

  1. Hi there would you mind sharing which blog
    platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog in the near future
    but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm
    looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you
    could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking
    more of your fantastic post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest
    authoring on other websites? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really
    like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Post writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with
    afterward you can write or else it is complex
    to write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it's time to be happy.
    I've learn this put up and if I could I wish
    to suggest you few attention-grabbing things or advice.
    Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to learn even more things approximately it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am actually pleassant to read all at single place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to
    know a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something.

    I feel that you just can do with a few p.c. to drive the message house a little bit, however
    instead of that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read.
    I will certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly.
    I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours today,
    yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It is beautiful worth enough for me. Personally,
    if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you probably did,
    the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed
    reading it, you may be a great author.I will always bookmark
    your blog and will eventually come back in the future. I want to encourage
    you to continue your great posts, have a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do
    you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My website looks weird when browsing from my iphone4.
    I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this website on regular basis to take updated
    from most recent information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, incredible blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?

    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is wonderful, let
    alone the content material!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, this weekend is good for me, because this point
    in time i am reading this impressive informative
    piece of writing here at my home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've
    put in penning this website. I am hoping to see the same high-grade
    blog posts from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me
    to get my very own blog now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Thank you for providing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable know-how about unexpected emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with
    hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked
    and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whats up very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb ..
    I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?
    I am glad to seek out a lot of helpful information right here within the publish, we want work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing.
    . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.

    nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a
    lot often inside case you shield this increase.

    ReplyDelete