Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What happened at the party...


So, I go to a freshman party and the film we are watching is HTTYD! At the beginning of the movie we had about thirty people in the room, so I was pretty excited about that. Many had already seen it, but a couple hadn't.

Alright, so the movie starts, and I am immediately annoyed. Quite a lot of people are walking around and chatting loudly over the film. I sort of wanted to stand up and ask "Do you mind? Some people haven't seen this." But then I thought that wouldn't be very Christlike, so I kept my mouth shut. People kept talking until the Downed Dragon scene, and then there was almost a hush. Right after that the cacophony picked back up and went straight through the Dragon Book scene and that miffed me. Ok, so right when I think that I would have enjoyed it more on my own, Forbidden Friendship comes along. I swear, the whole room finally hushed. People laughed and aw'-ed at the appropriate moments of the fish scene, and after the touch moment, the entire crowd remained quiet and attentive throughout the rest of the film! I was sooooo pleased! Go Forbidden Friendship! It was amazing to see how people went from not really caring to hanging onto every moment after that, and I got to watch them do it! That really was fun, and several people who had not seen it came up to me and said that they had really enjoyed it! 

After that we packed shoeboxes full of gifts to send off to children in poorer countries. We were up until around midnight, but I am glad we got to do it. Most everyone said they had enjoyed the time, so I am pretty pleased with the night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how exciting that your suggestion was chosen and you got to show your class HTTYD! It's a shame people weren't paying attention around the beginning, but it's great that they slowly started to realize what a fantastic movie it is! Leave it to Forbidden Friendship to capture everyone's attention and keep it there until the end of the story =) That sounded like a fun opportunity to show new people HTTYD, and I'm glad some people told you they liked it. Is that shoebox packing you mentioned the program through Samaritan's Purse? Those are always fun to do, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete