Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lots and LOTS of news today!

Ok, so the HTTYD poster is out, but it is not yet out in high resolution (at least in the English version). When that is released, I will write out a post on it, BUT there are some other things coming to light that are equally exciting!

The Skrill! The notoriously beloved and feared dragon of the HTTYD fandom who has never really made much of an appearance will finally step into the HTTYD world as a full fledged character! December 5 we will be getting a TWO part episode called View to A Skrill !! Both episodes will be released on the same day! Very, very, very exciting!

I have said, though I don't know if I have posted this or just mentioned it in discussions with others in the fandom, that I really want the Skrill to be given a huge amount of respect when it finally does appear. I love that dragon's design, and more than that, I love his POTENTIAL. The Skrill's design comes almost directly from some of the earlier, more sinister, night fury concept art. He pretty much is a frightening anti-Toothless. He could make the perfect antagonist! Forget Mildew and the Screaming Death, the Skrill would give Toothless a foe who is actually his equal! So, hearing that he would be starring in a two part episode is really a good sign! Perhaps they will have enough time to really show him off. I can't wait!

And possibly even more interesting is this image that has been posted on ebay (which I found on the grapevine comments. Thanks StatictheSkrill!).


Alright, so that is Dagur on a Skrill.... AGH! That is perfect! I had discussed this possibility a LOT with Toothlesslove and some other fans, and it just feels so perfect! Dagur was such a good antagonist in episode 3 of DoB, and now he looks like he is coming back with a vengeance! He works well as the anti-Hiccup. He is brutal and kills for fun while still being close to Hiccup's age and with the blood of chiefs flowing through his veins. They have just enough in common to be amazing opposites. So, if Dagur does train a Skrill, he will become the best antagonist of RoB and DoB BY FAR. The anti-Hiccup riding the anti-Toothless! The amount of angst that could be generated by that plot is stupendous! I cannot wait! What a brilliant way to handle HTTYD's most anticipated dragon! Wow, I am going to be so freaked out when the Skrill finally does show up!

Ugh, I have three tests and I should be studying, but all this news is making it very, very hard!


1 comment:

  1. Actually I do not want the Skrill to be seen as a "Bad Guy", for me it seems too mysterious and amazing for it to effectively become an antagonist. So much of it is shrouded, and wanted by the community. I hope it would not come to that.

    ReplyDelete