Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Happy Snoggeletog!


Well, it's that time of year again! Merry Christmas, everyone! I had a great Christmas this year; it was awesome getting to be home and hang out with my family! I got a lot of nice gifts (and I think a few are on the way), so I'll show them to you in the post below. If you guys got anything fun and nerdy, please feel free to show them off as well!


The shirt you see me wearing is from my younger brother. It is a character from Dark Souls called Artorias. He's probably got my favorite storyline from the first game, and I bought my brother the Solair shirt you seem him wearing from the same line of tees. With this matching set, we both represent our favorite knights! I wear the shirt of a knight who was consumed by darkness he protected those he cared for... and though he failed, a lie protected his honor and led everyone to believe he had vanquished the horror that had conquered him. My brother wears a tee depicting the one true optimist in the first Dark Souls, Solair. This man dreams of impossible things, but he's the only bright spot in his bleak world, so we love him even if he is off his rocker. Besides that, he's one heck of a fighter, and it's thanks to nothing other than his own hard work and training.


My younger brother got me a beanie with the Annoying Dog from Undertale. I am pretty sure this is from Fangamer, which is an awesome site for some of your more fringe nerdy merchandise! The hat is warm, and considering I have to walk basically everywhere at grad school, I'm really happy to have something to cover my head!


A pretty random thing I asked for was a white scarf, and my parents purchased it for me. The character Roy Mustang from FMAB occasionally wears a white scarf with a suit when he is dressing formally. I love scarves, and I have two grey ones, so a white one seemed like it would be fun with my long black coat. I think it looks rather dapper.


This thing is amazing! I love the old-fashioned looking mug, and the Grillby's logo is well printed and looks awesome! This is another Undertale reference, and it's San's favorite place to hang out and eat. I adore San's, so having a mug from his favorite hangout feels great. It's kinda subtle, but any Undertale fan would certainly recognize it! This one is also from Fangamer, and the quality of this piece is really impressive. This one was also from my parents.


As I mentioned in my previous post about my favorite stories, Over The Garden Wall is a beautiful animated mini-series, and I like the art and design of the world a lot. I have always enjoyed the art books of my favorite franchises, and my parents got me this one for Christmas. It is a really well put together display of all the hard work and talent that went into crafting the show. I've not read all of it yet, but what I have read has made me appreciate the show even more (haha, it has provoked me to go and re-watch some of the episodes!). So, yeah, I'll be diving deeply into the tomb as the days go by!


This gift came as a total shock to me! As I mentioned, I walk everywhere on campus, and when it rains, I always notice how sub-par my umbrella is. I've looked around for nerdy umbrellas, but I could never find one that I liked. My brother and dad found this online, and I think it is so cool! It looks like it has a katana hilt, and the inside of the umbrella has many ribs, making it look more oriental in design. It's super fun, and I totally did not expect it!

I also got a shelf and a coat rack, both of which I'll probably take pictures of when I go back to my flat near my grad school. I'm still on holiday, so I won't assemble those two pieces of furniture until I return.

So, thanks very much to everyone for the gifts. I know one of my sisters has also gotten me something, and I believe my ex-roommate has as well! However, it's always good to remember the reason for the holiday. I'm so happy to think back on all that we've been given because of the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ. He really is worth more than we can ever imagine, and I am truly thankful to be one of His followers. I sincerely hope to follow Him more closely in the coming year.

By next Christmas, we'll have seen the third movie! CRAZY.


No comments:

Post a Comment