Thursday, December 26, 2019

Flying Forward (Happy Birthday Inhonoredglory!)


Happy bday Glory! I hope you have a wonderful day. I tried to quickly make you something... but boy did I have an art block until the last moment! 


So, I wanted to focus on the fact that many endings have happened this year... but those ends will not keep the stories from flying forward in our imaginations and in their lasting impact on our lives. The Skywalker saga is now over (and I know Glory adores the original trilogy), and whether you love, hate, or just aren't impacted by the sequel trilogy (I've moved into the latter camp), no one can deny that Star Wars is something utterly magical. Then you get Endgame with the heroic sacrifice of Stark and the sweet retirement of Rogers. It was a somber blow to lose the two characters who truly felt like the heart of the franchise. I was especially fond of Tony Stark, as I know Glory was as well, so losing him definitely hurt. Then came the end of the story that brought all of us together, the story that kickstarted my friendship with Glory and her sister, the story that inspired this blog and allowed me to meet fan after devoted fan. The story of Hiccup and Toothless came to a close this year. I personally loved HTTYD3, but it also felt deeply painful and even worrying. However, I adore how it ended with Hiccup and Toothless rocketing up into the blinding sky, just how the first film ended. It feels so full of hope, full of hope for a bright and happy future.

So, yeah, this little gift is basically meant to be a tribute for three stories who will continue to live on in the hearts of fandoms. They may have concluded, but their impact will not so quickly come to a close.

Happy Birthday, Glory. Keep flying forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment